If you’re not getting at least one lead a day from your website, then it’s likely that your website design sucks! That might sound harsh, but as the bold, no fluff marketing guys, we have to tell it like it is.
Even worse than a bad website is no website at all. Shockingly, a recent survey by 1&1 Internet reported that up to 40% of small to medium-sized businesses still don’t have a website. Even if you’re on social media, operating without a website is just silly. A strong lead-generating website is an essential part of your marketing strategy.
To find out what your current site is missing, ask yourself the following questions:
- Does the headline on your home page connect to the pains of your prospects with a clear, compelling message?
- Is your site about your prospects, their issues and their challenges? Or is it about you?
- Does it have an empathetic photo so people can immediately connect with your company?
- Do you articulate your differentiation right there on the home page?
- Is there validation to back up your story on your home page?
- Do you provide a variety of educational content, reports, videos, webinars or research?
- Does your site deliver a personalized customer experience?
- Can your site be shared via social networks quickly and easily?
- Does it work just as well on the iPhone, iPad or Android Smart Phone?
If you answered “no” to even one of these questions, you should consider making changes to transform your website from an e-brochure into an interactive lead generating machine.
All month long we are going to be talking about website strategy, website design, website landing pages, conversion forms, driving leads with your website and more. To share our blog with other people who you think might benefit from this strategic website advice, click here.
Start Today – Take a hard look at your website. Review the questions above and apply them to your site. If it’s missing some key pieces, get excited. That means, with the right adjustments, your site can still deliver the leads you need to grow your business. Start at the top of the list. If you are struggling to come up with some of the key messaging your site needs, it might be time to call in a specialist.
Square 2 Marketing – Leading the Reality Marketing Revolution!
Posted By Author Mike Lieberman, CEO and Chief Revenue Scientist
Mike is the CEO and Chief Revenue Scientist at Square 2. He is passionate about helping people turn their ordinary businesses into businesses people talk about. For more than 25 years, Mike has been working hand-in-hand with CEOs and marketing and sales executives to help them create strategic revenue growth plans, compelling marketing strategies and remarkable sales processes that shorten the sales cycle and increase close rates.