How can a website be broken? No, I don’t mean there is a dead link or the server is down. I mean your website is not functioning as it should. Your website should be generating qualified leads for your business on a regular basis. Does it?
Run your current home page through this quick assessment:
1. Does your home page messaging connect with your prospects' pains in a clear and compelling way?
2. Does it have an empathetic photo that allows people to connect with your company?
3. Do you quickly show visitors that you have the solution to their pains?
4. Do you articulate your differentiation right there on the home page?
5. Is there validation to back up your solutions?
6. Do you have a variety of offers on the home page?
7. Do you provide educational content such as free reports, videos, webinars or research?
8. Does your site deliver a personal experience?
9. Is your site optimized around key search words and phrases?
10. Can your site be shared via social networks quickly and easily?
11. Does it work well on the iPhone, iPad or Android Smart Phone?
12. Does your site work on all types of browsers?
13. Does your site provide real time analytics on visitors, conversions and leads?
If you answered “no” to even one of these questions, you should consider making changes to your underperforming website.
Our experience with businesses of all shapes and sizes is that most websites fail this assessment. In fact, most fail it with flying colors.
- Our team took a peak at 100 random websites and ALL OF THEM (100%) failed to answer all these questions positively.
- 78% of the sites answered YES to at least two of the assessment factors and most of those had to do with technical features like browers and mobile functionality.
- More than 50% were missing messaging features.
- A shocking 84% were missing key conversion features like offers and educational content.
- Even more shocking: 26% didn't have obvious social sharing buttons.
New data from Microsoft Research now shows the first 10 seconds of the page visit are critical for users' decision to stay or leave. That’s why, if you are answering “no” to even one of the questions above, you need to consider making some strategic changes to your site today.
Start Today – Put your website through the assessment test above. Give it an honest grade and then start making changes. Work down the list. Improve your messaging, add the photo you need to connect with your visitors, create the offers we have been talking about for weeks, make sure your keywords are included in the text and give your visitors the opportunity to share your site across social media platforms. Make these improvements and watch your website transform from an electronic brochure into a lead generating machine.
Square 2 Marketing – Leading the Reality Marketing Revolution!