Even if you’re not getting any leads from your current website that doesn’t mean all hope is lost. Almost every single client we work with has some traffic when we get started, even if it’s just a couple of hundred visitors a month.
The secret to turning your current traffic into leads is a solid conversion strategy. Even if your website only has 200 visitors a month, that should be able to generate two to six leads for your business every 30 days.
Here are six improvements you can make to your website design to improve your conversion rate.
1. Add educational offers—People are stopping by your website every day but, unless they are ready to buy from you today, they are leaving and continuing their search elsewhere. They might come back and they might not. You don’t know who they are, what they wanted, or why they even stopped by your site in the first place.
That needs to change. By adding educational information in the form of whitepapers, ebooks, videos, webinars, podcasts or infographics, you get people to identify themselves before they leave. This allows you the opportunity to continue the conversation long after they've left your site. This is a critical element of inbound marketing.
2. Use graphic call-to-action buttons—We are all busy, so you have to do your best to get visitors' attention when they visit your website. Graphically designed, visually appealing call-to-action (CTA) buttons (like the one below) do an amazing job of getting visitors to convert. Try one or two for yourself to see the difference between standard links or even flat buttons.
3. Add No Risk, Low Risk and more interesting Direct Business Offers—We've said it before but, to really drive conversions, consider adding more than just the standard "Contact Us" page. No Risk Offers (like ebooks or whitepapers) ONLY require an email address for download. Low Risk Offers (like webinars, online assessments or live events) require more contact information but provide the visitor more value in exchange. Direct Business Offers (like demos, initial consultations or business reviews) provide your visitors something of value in exchange for their time. These offers, which we call the Trio of Offers, cover the full range of prospects, not just the people ready to speak with you today.
4. Use dedicated landing pages—Creating landing pages that convert is a science. Dedicated landing pages focus your website visitors' attention. Make sure you remove any distracting navigation, show them a picture of what they are downloading and give them a short description of the offer. You have to educate a little bit here to get them to go the extra mile and convert from anonymous visitors into leads.
5. Put offers above the fold—Most people surfing are used to scrolling a little bit, but if you keep your offers and visual CTA buttons above the fold (area you see when you land on a site without scrolling) you have a better chance to increase conversions.
6. Make your website about them not about you—This is a very common mistake. You make your site all about you; your trucks, your building, your history, your people and your services. In reality, your visitors want to see how you are going to help them. In order to really create the sort of strong connections that encourage conversion, you need to make your messaging about them, NOT ABOUT YOU. What are they going to get if they work with you? What are you going to do for them? How are they going to benefit?
Make these simple changes and your website will be transformed from an electronic brochure into a lead generating machine. Next, start driving additional visitors to the site and you'll really see how impactful an inbound marketing program can be for your business.
Start Today Tip – Take a look at your site traffic. You should know exactly how many visitors you get on a monthly basis. Add a few of the key ingredients above and keep track of the conversions. Most website get between a 1% and a 3% conversion rate. The more you implement the suggestions above, the higher your conversion rate will be and the more leads you will get from your site.
Square 2 Marketing – Leading The Reality Marketing Revolution!