If you have been neglecting your Company Page, here are five crucial but easy changes you can make today to help your company stand out from the crowd. We recently updated our own company page on LinkedIn. Click here to take a look.
1. Cover Image – In addition to your standard company logo, you can showcase your business by adding a custom banner. This is the first thing visitors see after landing on your page. Make sure this banner isn't about you, but about your prospects. Make sure it differentiates your business. Your prospects may be looking at a couple of LinkedIn profile pages back-to-back and yours has to stand out.
2. Targeted Company Updates – Providing great content is essential in any inbound marketing program. Posting your company blog is just one way to attract and engage your company’s followers. But now you can target your content to only the most appropriate people. Before sharing your update, simply choose the company size, industry, job function, seniority and geography of your target audience. Your update will now appear only on the homepages of the followers you specified. However, all updates will remain visible in the default view of your Company Page.
This is another great reason why you want to make sure you are always buiding the number of people following your company on LinkedIn. Make sure you remind your entire sales team to be encouraging prospects to follow your firm. Let them know that you regularly post interesting, eductational and important information on your page and they get immediate access to that info if they follow you. Work hard to drive that number up month over month.
3. Product & Services – This is where you tell 200,000,000+ LinkedIn users what your company is all about and what it has to offer. While the overall design of this page has not changed significantly, it's not a bad idea to go through your existing company overview and make certain the information is up-to-date. Multiple versions of this page can be created for specific audiences. For instance, one version can be created for people in your general vicinity and a different version can target international members only. This is the page most often neglected by business owners, CEOs and marketing professionals and it's the page we help fix first. Make it a priority for your business.
4. Click-through Banners – Need more leads? LinkedIn allows you to add three unique banners in the Product & Services “Spotlight.” Generate traffic back to your company website by displaying calls to action, upcoming webinars, infographics, eBooks or any other lead-generating educational content.
5. Video – Another valuable feature on the Product & Services page is the ability to add a YouTube video. This is a great opportunity to speak to your prospects and explain how you help them. (Remember it’s about them, not you.) If you already have a YouTube channel, this is an easy way to share all of your company’s videos with your prospects.
As more and more people – your prospects included – join LinkedIn, the importance of creating and maintaining your presence on this social media site cannot be stressed enough. You can be sure your competition is fine-tuning their Company Page to convert prospects into leads. So follow these easy steps to get found, get leads and close sales.
Start Today Tip – If you do not already have a Company Page, you should allot several hours to completing the various fields and text boxes. It is important to take your time and ensure the information is accurate and grammatically correct. This may be the first time a prospect has had the opportunity to read about your company, so your first impression is critical.
Square 2 Marketing - Leading The Reality Marketing Revolution!