There are many ways to boost your engagement with customers and increase opportunities for cross-selling, up-selling, references, loyalty and renewals. Here are some key ideas to integrate email campaign tactics into your company’s customer relationship nurture process.
1) Customer Onboarding
Welcome new clients and set expectations for interactions.
- Send a “welcome to the family” email as well as a reach out from the account manager or sales rep. Include contact info and highlights about your key services and benefits.
- Prepare touch point emails that allow clients to learn about the product or service they purchased. Include product instructions, how to get support and ways to engage/learn from other customers.
- If you offer complementary products or services, begin to make suggestions to start the cross-sell or up-sell conversation.
2) Satisfaction Or Product Improvement Surveys
Talk about what’s coming down the pike.
- People love to be heard and listened to, so prepare a short survey to get their input.
- How did they experience the sales cycle? What would make it easier?
- How do they like the product? What suggestions or improvements do they have?
- Keep it brief – under 10 questions and less than five minutes. Make sure you tabulate your data because it will be useful in many ways.