Most of us think that when our website is finally up and running, the work is done and it’s time to kick back and relax.
Nothing can be farther from the truth. Your website is a living, breathing part of an active marketing program that needs constant care and feeding.
Here are 10 upgrades you can make this week to help your website design thrive:
- Add offers to your home page, secondary pages and landing pages. This will directly impact the number of leads your site generates.
- Make sure you have a range of offers that appeal to people who are just researching as well as those who want to talk with you today.
- Add a blog to your site. Yes, you need a blog and yes, you have to write for the blog at least a few times a week. If you can’t do that, find a firm to help you.
- Add testimonials to all the pages, but if you can’t do that, at least add a testimonials page. Visitors need to see third party validation.
- Add video to your site. People love watching videos and they want to learn about your company by watching video.
- Make sure you understand what keywords you want your site to be associated with when people search. Add those keywords to your website copy on relevant pages.
- Add a Google Map to your Contact Us page. Visitors like to see where you are and Google likes to see you using their gadgets.
- Test your Contact Us form. This may seem obvious, but you'd be surprised how many business websites we've reviewed whose contact form was not functioning.
- Make sure you have analytics on the site. Google Analytics are free and give you enough information to make decisions on the performance of your site going forward.
- Schedule a regular weekly meeting to review the performance of your site and then make minor changes EVERY SINGLE week until you start to see positive changes.
Start Today – This entire post is about things you can do RIGHT NOW. Start at the top of the list and work your way down.
Square 2 Marketing – Leading the Reality Marketing Revolution!
Posted By Author Mike Lieberman, CEO and Chief Revenue Scientist
Mike is the CEO and Chief Revenue Scientist at Square 2. He is passionate about helping people turn their ordinary businesses into businesses people talk about. For more than 25 years, Mike has been working hand-in-hand with CEOs and marketing and sales executives to help them create strategic revenue growth plans, compelling marketing strategies and remarkable sales processes that shorten the sales cycle and increase close rates.