So you want to be a guest blogger or maybe someone told you that if you become a guest blogger you can drive traffic back to your website. The “no fluff” question you should be asking is “will this effort get me more leads?”
There is good news! Maybe. If you are a guest blogger you might get leads.
The reason we say "might" is because this effort has to be part of an integrated inbound Reality Marketing plan, not a disconnected tactic devoid of strategy.
Here's what you need to consider to make sure your guest blogging efforts don’t go unrewarded.
1. Only guest blog in places where your target audience is reading, commenting, sharing, spending time and appreciating content.
2. Check to make sure there is some critical mass on the site you are guest blogging for. If they only have 10 subscribers and 50 visitors a week that might help you get comfortable blogging, but it’s not going to drive any substantial traffic back to your site.
3. Before you start guest blogging, create compelling content offers and then include those offers in your blog post.
4. More importantly, make sure you have a Trio of Offers in place that allows new people to identify themselves to you by requesting one of your No Risk, Low Risk or Direct Business Offers.
5. Create dedicated landing pages connected to the sites you are blogging for so that you can track the results of your efforts.
6. Benchmark your current monthly website traffic, lead and conversion rates and then look back at this number monthly to see if your guest blogging efforts are having an impact.
After you get the hang of it, reach out to new and bigger sites. As you build a reputation, you will likely gain access to more guest blogging opportunities.
So, yes…you can drive leads by guest blogging if you follow the tips above.
Start Today – Create a list of potential sites that have a blog and accept content from guests. Then reach out to one or two. If they accept you, put together an editorial calendar of potential blog topics and start slowly. DON’T SKIP ANY STEPS OUTLINED ABOVE, even if it takes you a little longer to get ready. Then track your results and adjust accordingly.
Enjoy the leads!
Square 2 Marketing – Leading the Reality Marketing Revolution!