I have had a number of clients request some clarity and further process definition on exactly how to use social media to get more leads for their business.
Share your blog posts with everyone.
You should be blogging more than once a week. The more you blog, the more good things happen to your business. You get more website traffic, you get more leads, you get higher rankings on search engines and you have more content to share with prospects throughout the sales process.
So share your blog with everyone—it’s really quite simple:
- As soon as you post a new blog entry, everyone in your company should receive an email in their inbox.
- They click on the link and read the new blog post. This is very important. Everyone in your company should be up to speed on what you are saying and how you are saying it. More importantly, you need to make sure they are saying the same thing when they talk on behalf of the company.
- After reading it, they should click on the LinkedIn "Share" button.
- A small box appears and all they have to do is click the share button to send the blog post via LinkedIn to all their LinkedIn connections.
- There is an option to share the post with all of their LinkedIn Groups. This is a good idea too, if your employees are in the right groups. They should be in groups that your prospects are in too.
- Next, click on the "Like" button. This ensures you like the post on Facebook, so all your Facebook friends see the post too.
- Use the Twitter share button. Share your post with all your Twitter followers.
- Google Plus is important too, click on the Google+ button and do the same.
If your corporate social media accounts are set up properly, the blog post content is automatically sent to these pages. But now you have included each of your employees’ personal networks in the distribution too. One of your perfect prospects just might be connected through these individual networks.
Once everyone starts doing this religiously, you have extended your distribution channel for your educational content exponentially.
Allow me to illustrate....Say you have 10 people in your company and each of them has an average of 200 LinkedIn connections. That’s a total audience of 2,000 people. Here is where it gets very interesting.
The Pew Research Institute reports that the average number of connections for users of LinkedIn is 319. So when your team shares content with 2,000 people, they have the potential to reach over 600,000 more people. The numbers are too big to ignore. Did you know that most salespeople have over 1,000 LinkedIn connections? When they share content, the reach is far more significant.
The result of this simple sharing exercise is more traffic to your website. When people see this content and they click on it, they land back on your website. If your website has the appropriate conversion tools, the result of more people on your website is more leads for your business. More leads usually equals more customers. See how it works?
Yes, you need a well-designed inbound marketing website with lots of engaging calls-to-action. Yes, you need a lot of educational content on your website. Yes, you need landing pages and a conversion strategy to make sure that all those new visitors turn into leads. And yes, you need a sales strategy that nurtures prospects instead of tries to sell them. But first you need to share your content to drive visitors to your site.
Put all of those elements into play and you end up with a scalable, repeatable inbound marketing machine that generates leads for your business day in and day out.
Start Today Tip – if you are blogging, then you need to make sure that everyone in your company is clear as to how and when they should be sharing content across their networks. This is easily trackable. Each blog post shows you how many times it's been shared. Your numbers should match the number of appropriate employees every single time you post. If it doesn’t, someone isn’t participating. As the numbers go up, you are realizing additional shares outside your company’s network. Try it for a week and see what happens. It’s the best way to drive traffic without having to invest any additional money in marketing.
Square 2 Marketing – Leading The Reality Marketing Revolution!
Posted By Author Mike Lieberman, CEO and Chief Revenue Scientist
Mike is the CEO and Chief Revenue Scientist at Square 2. He is passionate about helping people turn their ordinary businesses into businesses people talk about. For more than 25 years, Mike has been working hand-in-hand with CEOs and marketing and sales executives to help them create strategic revenue growth plans, compelling marketing strategies and remarkable sales processes that shorten the sales cycle and increase close rates.