You read it right, fire all your sales people today, right now. Call them into the conference room and fire them. Regardless if they are at, over or below target; fire them today because your prospects don't want to be sold to anymore.
Now that they are fired, hire them back, not as sales people, but as Sales Guides.
Here is the difference between the old sales person and the new Sales Guide.
1. Sales people sell. Sales Guides educate, consult, advise, and coach their prospects. They help them make a good purchase decision, even if that decision is NOT to go with your products or services.
2. Sales people talk about features and benefits so prospects understand the value of their services. Sales Guides ask questions, diagnosing the specific challenges so they are able to show only those parts of the product or service that directly impact the prospect's specific situation.
3. Sales people convince. This act of convincing makes prospects nervous. It puts them on the defensive. It breeds distrust. Sales Guides build trust by getting prospects to talk about themselves. They educate and they build relationships based on understanding. This increases the likelihood that prospects will know, like and trust a Sales Guide much more quickly than a traditional sales person. Once they know, like and trust us, they will feel safe making a strong purchase decision.
4. Sales people present. Sales Guides co-create. By understanding the issues and challenges facing a prospect the Sales Guide co-creates the solution with them. They work on it together, including the pricing. So that when its time for the solution, there is NO presentation. The prospect knows their options, pricing, length of the agreement, etc.
5. Sales people do proposals. Sales Guides create agreements. Since we co-created the set of services together, there aren't any proposals. Just an agreement with the details associated with how we will work together and those details have already been discussed. This is just the formality of the paperwork.
Some of you might be saying, "we already do this." If that's the case ask yourself one simple question. "Do we ever get referred by prospects who didn't close?" If the answer is yes, then you probably already do most of this. But if the answer is no, consider looking into your sales processes in more detail.
To get help with your sales and marketing strategy, click the red button below.
Square 2 Marketing - Leading the Reality Marketing Revolution!